Kennel Rates and Pet Policy
||Up to 8 Hours
||After 8 Hours
*2 Pets pricing refers to two pets sharing the same kennel. For guests with 2 pets requesting separate kennels, pricing will be $20/hr per kennel up to 8 hours, and $40/hr per kennel after 8 hours.
You agree to release, defend and indemnify the Tenaya Lodge and Cottages from any and all claims and/or damages related to your pet or pet’s stay at the hotel, including any claims by third-parties. You expressly waive and relinquish the benefits of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
We look forward to having you and your pet stay with us. To ensure the comfort and safety of our guests, the following Pet Policy applies to your pet’s stay:
- Prior Approval Required. Prior approval is required because we allow a limited number of pets at Tenaya Lodge. All pets visiting must be up-to-date on all shots and in good health. Tenaya Lodge reserves the right to request any pet medical documentation.
- Fees. There is a one-time non-refundable pet fee per reservation of $100 that will be charged to your account. A third dog may accompany you for an additional one-time fee of $25. This fee is for the necessary deep cleaning of the room upon departure.
- Acceptable Pets. We welcome all well-mannered dogs. Dogs weighing 70 pounds and over may be allowed at our discretion and you must obtain approval at the time you make your reservation. Two well-mannered dogs per room are permitted. No other types of pets are allowed. Service animals accompanying people with disabilities are always welcomed at the Tenaya Lodge. Service animals need to be declared at the front desk, however, are not required to pay the one time pet charge.
- Note: “Service” dogs do not require written documentation at check in & are not restricted from any areas in the hotel, “ESA” (or Emotional Support Animals) must have written documentation from a medical professional in order for the fee to be waived & “Therapy” Animals must pay the fee. Neither ESA or Therapy animals are allowed in certain public spaces – i.e. F&B outlets, and do not have the same legal rights under the ADA act.
- Pets may not be left unattended in guest rooms. See item 6.
- We reserve the right to require immediate removal of any pet that displays dangerous and unacceptable behavior, including but not limited to biting, excessive noise (such as barking), evidence of disease, or urination/defecation in public areas.
- Declaration at Check-in. When registering at the front desk, your pet must be declared and you must sign a copy of this policy as acknowledgement and agreement to all terms and conditions contained in this policy. If your room type is a suite, it will be changed to a room that is pet friendly. Service animals need to be registered at the front desk, however, are not required to pay the one time pet charge.
- Failure to declare at Check-in. If your pet is not declared at the time of check in, you will be charged a $150 fee. If your room type is a suite, you will be charged a $200 fee.
- Noise must be kept to a minimum. Barking dogs can disturb other guests. If your pet is left unattended and is making noise, the Manager on Duty will remove your pet from the room and you will be subject to current pet sitting fees.
- Pet Control/Containment in Public Areas. Pets must be leashed, caged or firmly held when they are outside the guest rooms, including during their walks on outdoor grounds. Please clean up after your pet and dispose of pet waste in the receptacle provided. Pets are not allowed on furniture in guestrooms or common areas.
- Housekeeping. For the safety and comfort of your pet and our staff, Housekeeping will NOT service your room with your pet inside.
- Injuries to Others/Damage to Guest Rooms and Common Areas. You will be solely responsible for any and all injury your pet inflicts on other guests, pets or our staff, and any damages your pet causes to the guest rooms or common areas of the hotel. Your account will be charged for any repair or replacement cost for any property damage caused by your pet. You agree to release, defend and indemnify the Tenaya Lodge and Cottages from any and all claims and/or damages related to your pet or pet’s stay at the hotel, including any claims by third-parties. You expressly waive and relinquish the benefits of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides: “a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which is known by him/her must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor”.
In addition to the above policies we also make the following suggestions:
Have your pet vaccinated, washed and apply flea medication prior to your arrival.
Ensure that your pet wears a name tag and a current rabies vaccination tag.
PETS AND DINING
California law allows pet dogs at outdoor dining venues. This means that pet dogs can be allowed into our outdoor seating area during meals. California law stipulates that:
- Pet dogs enter and exit through a separate entrance without going through the indoor dining area (in other words enter the patio dining areas directly from the outdoors).
- Food and water for the dog be in single-use containers.
- Dog is leashed or confined and controlled by the owner.
- Employees are not allowed to touch the dog. If an employee does touch the dog, that person must wash his or her hands immediately.
- Please note that we have specific dog-friendly tables so the wait may be longer than normal if you are dining with your dog.