With a setting as spectacular as the Yosemite Sierra, Tenaya Lodge is committed to preserving resources and minimizing footprints on this natural treasure. We’re constantly looking for new ways to reduce the impact of business on the environment and actively support Yosemite green meetings.
Tenaya Lodge is a member of the Green Hotels Association and has earned a Four Key rating from Green Key Global
. In partnership with our parent company, Delaware North, our revolutionary GreenPath program is a formal, documented, and comprehensive environmental management system that is organically woven into everything we do.
Contact Tenaya for more information about Green Meeting packages and learn how we can help you plan an unforgettable meeting, conference, or event here in the High Sierra.
When it comes to staging a green meeting, we consider details large and small:
- Refillable water pitchers instead of bottled water.
- Milk, sugar and other condiments served in bulk.
- China instead of disposable items.
- Linen napkins to replace paper ones.
- Cutlery instead of plastic items and stir sticks.
- Centerpieces may be edible-organic arrangements or made from reusable items such as silk. (Cost for this will be the responsibility of the meeting planner.)
- Paper doilies replaced with coasters where possible.
- Custom menus printed on recycled paper stock.
- If disposables cannot be avoided, they are to be biodegradable or recyclable.
Tenaya Lodge has begun the process to become zero-waste by 2018.
Food and Beverage Selection
- Organic beverages (such as coffee, tea or wine) are available.
- Local and in-season regional cuisine is served where possible.
- Seafood choices are sustainable.
- Sample organic/sustainable menus provided upon request. Vegetarian options are available.
Reusable and Recyclable Meeting Tools
- Use paperless technology. Use new media and electronic technology to cut down your paper use. Create a conference website. Offer electronic registration and confirmation and advertise using the Internet and/or email.
- Recycling stations/bins to be placed in meeting room.
- White boards should be used in place of flip charts.
- If flip charts are used, ensure high post-consumer content paper (80% minimum).
- Promotional collateral should be minimized, where possible. Give attendees flash drives that contain all presentations.
- If printed materials are needed, publish on recycled paper and print on both sides using vegetable-based inks.
- Provide conference cups or travel mugs to your attendees to use for all coffee and beverage breaks.
Eco-Friendly Amenities and Services
Tenaya Lodge can incorporate other sustainable options in your meeting plan:
- Delegates receive environmentally friendly in-room welcome amenities or gifts.
- Delegates receive information about nature-based activities or trails in the area.
- Walking maps of the area are available through the concierge.
- Any on-property green event space is incorporated into the event.
- Interpretive programs available.
- Dedicated TV channel is to be available to provide information and updates to delegates.
- Electronic paperless check-in/check-out is to be used.
- Hotel/resort will stop newspaper delivery to delegates upon request.
- Hotel/resort will email contracts, etc., where possible.
- We can assist you in purchasing for your meeting: flash drives, recycled pens, recycled pencils, reusable bottles/coffee mugs.
- Environment education class
Onsite operations are important considerations when selecting a venue — conservation practices result in a resource-efficient property that is better for the environment. Please note that some of these options are subject to availability, based on geographic locations and restrictions.
- "Winner of the 2007 IMEX Green Meetings Award"
- Four Key rating from Green Key Global
- Commitment to zero-waste by 2018
- Awarded the Environmentalist Level in the California Green Lodging Program
- An environmental audit is conducted annually.
- Our "GreenPath® Team" conducts internal audits quarterly, provides ongoing associate education and keeps property abreast of current environmental standards and offerings.
- Additional programs
- Waste management
- Water conservation
- Air quality
- Energy efficiency