Committed to the only planet we have
At Tenaya Lodge and across our operations, Delaware North focuses intently on environmental and corporate social responsibility. Our proprietary stewardship program, GreenPath®, helps ensure we carefully manage our environmental impact and positively contribute to the communities we serve. Sustainability is deeply ingrained in both our culture and operation.
Our Sustainability Commitments
- Reduce our carbon footprint and promote climate-friendly programs
- Reduce energy use and increase clean energy sources
- Responsibly source ingredients, products and services
- Partner with local organizations to give back to our community
- Provide opportunities to raise awareness and inspire a connection with nature
- Operate at zero waste
- Conserve water and protect water resources
- Comply with environmental requirements to protect the environment
Sustainability In Action
While you enjoy your stay with us, we want to share how we are protecting the natural resources at this very special location just two miles from Yosemite National Park.
- Traveling with an electric vehicle? Recharge while staying with us. To promote clean transportation, we offer electrical vehicle charging stations - eight Tesla Superchargers and one universal charging station.
- Renewable energy captured by solar panels installed on Explorer Cabin #41 generates enough electrical power to completely take this cabin "off the grid." Next time you stay with us - request Cabin #41 for a unique eco-experience.
- Our gift shop offers a variety of local and sustainable products that are appealing and easy on the environment. You may want to purchase a reusable water bottle for your trip into Yosemite to conveniently refill and stay hydrated.
- Our Executive Chef and culinary team serve delicious, fresh and healthy food with a focus on sustainable ingredients. A few items that you may enjoy while dining with us include Fair Trade coffee, eggs from cage-free hens and a variety of vegan and vegetarian options. Just engage your server at any of our food and beverage locations for menu details.
- We give back locally by planting trees, hosting Earth Day events and donating goods and services to schools and charitable organizations in the region.
- Take a hike or a tour with us! Our expert guides share rich stories about Yosemite's ecology and history while bringing you into nature for an experience that is fun and adventurous. Contact the front desk for details.
- To reduce waste, we focus on zero waste practices throughout Tenaya Lodge. We offer reusable bags and refillable water bottles. To close the loop, we recover over 10 materials for recycling and reuse, compost food scraps and utilize single-use packaging. Look for one of our many collection bins to recycle - we make it convenient.
- Our state-of-the-art laundry facility recycles 1.5 million gallons of water per year. Since this water is already heated, we reduce energy use, too.
- Energy Star-rated equipment and LED technology improves energy efficiency and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
Recognition Of Achievements
We are proud of the environmental achievements demonstrating our commitment to sustainability.
- Double LEED Silver certification for the expansion of the banquet, event, meeting spaces, destination spa and offices.
- LEED Silver certification for the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Participated in Green Key and attained 5-Key rating, which is the highest level.
California is in a Drought
How you can help
Throughout the resort, we use low flow fixtures and efficient equipment to conserve water. To help conserve while staying with us, please turn off faucets when not in use, report water leaks to the front desk, take the 5-minute shower challenge and participate in our linen reuse program. In our restaurants, we serve water upon request.